09 April 2011

Life with My Sister (to be continued...)

Ch. 8 Don’t say a word!

One time, I was talking to my friend next door, when suddenly my sister jumped in and showed him all her teddy bears. Even her Barbie dolls! That made my new friend very annoyed and he went back into the house. I even had some problems with my parents that didn’t make me quite happy. So I made my own house rules: 1. The helper will not kiss my sister more than 1 time a day. 2. Kylie will not distract me when I’m doing homework. 3. My mom will not eat more than 5 pieces of ice a day. 4. My dad will not shout at me more than 2 times a day. 5. My mom will not watch more than 2 hours of TV/computer a day. A month passed and my family still hasn’t changed yet! But it is still good that some of Kylie’s friends gave her a lot of toys, so now I can peacefully do my homework.

Ch. 9 The Eye Drop monster

Well, Kylie’s eyes aren’t quite good (because her eyelashes are pricking her eyes) so she needs to use the eyedropper. That's the first time, so she struggled all the way. We could only comfort her by using the eyedropper on ourselves. First dad used it, but it was no use. Then it was my turn, it tickled my eyes and I laughed out loud. That was a mistake, because she thought the eyedropper made me crazy. Then my mom tried it. By that time it was already half full. But it was no use, so I tried to calm her down. And she bumped onto me. So to make a long story short, I prefer to use this way: If Kylie’s eyes weren’t bad; if the doctor hadn’t given her an eyedropper; if we hadn’t made the eyedropper half full; if I hadn’t tried to calm her down, then I wouldn’t have hurt my eye. Then I wouldn’t have this story to tell. The next day, Kylie hadn’t struggled at all, I didn’t quite know. Maybe my father has magic powers.

Ch. 10 My Auntie’s Major problem

The only problem my helper has with Kylie is eating. Kylie eats very slowly. Sometimes she will eat more than 2 hours! My helper then bought stickers for Kylie, so when she eats fast, she’ll give it to Kylie. Sometimes I think, why waste money to buy presents for her, she is a big failure. But then I remember that she is my sister and I should be kind to her. I think I know why my helper is so strict about eating: because she lives in the Philippines and her family is starving. Sometimes our helper even threatens her by saying she is going. (This is a secret, don’t tell anyone)(Sometimes I do it to!)

No comments: